You certainly heard about the new IP tax regime voted in Luxembourg. However, do you know what it means for your business?
This regime deals with complex concepts such as legal qualification of IPs, compliance with the OECD BEPS Action 5, management of a nexus ratio with eligible expenditures, application of transfer pricing principles deriving from Luxembourg domestic law and OECD guidelines, …
FEDIL has strongly advocated for the introduction of a new IP tax regime since the decision was taken to abolish the former regime in 2016.
Now we are committed to provide a comprehensive view to our members with the help of Luxembourg Tax and IP experts, namely Deloitte Luxembourg and the Office Freylinger.
We are pleased to invite you to a conference on the new BEPS-compliant IP tax regime in Luxembourg, which will take place on Monday, 7 May 2018 at 14h30 in the Chamber of Commerce Conference Center (room C2) 7, rue Alcide de Gasperi in Luxembourg/Kirchberg.
The objective is to provide an update on the key tax and legal aspects of the new IP regime covering:
- Legal qualification of the IPs;
- Key changes introduced by OECD BEPS Action 5 and their impact on existing IP structures;
- Separation between qualifying and non-qualifying assets and related income under the new regime;
- Practical aspects regarding the tracking and documentation of eligible expenditures for the nexus ratio;
- Key transfer pricing and substance considerations; and
- Sharing perspective of the application of the Luxembourg IP regime to the Luxembourg industry and innovative start-ups.
From 14h00 Registration & welcome coffee
14h30 Conference program starts:
Introduction by René Winkin, director FEDIL
Legal aspects, Pierre Kihn and Olivier Laidebeur, Patent and Trademark Attorneys at Office Freylinger
Tax aspects, Bernard David, Partner, International Tax Leader, Thierry Bovier, International Tax Partner, and Ralf Heussner, Transfer Pricing Partner at Deloitte Luxembourg
Theoretical showcase: Roundtable Discussion between FEDIL, Office Freylinger and Deloitte Luxembourg
A cocktail will be served at the end of the conference.
The presentation will be in English.
To confirm your attendance, please register online by 30 April 2018.
Should this conference be of interest to any of your colleagues, please feel free to forward this invitation within your organisation.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to the conference.